Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Any chance anyone gets a small shake when the engine kicks in while driving especially around a left turning corner when the body is already leaning right?

I ask as I get a shake/wobble and I'm wondering if maybe my engine mount vacuum isn't working so the mounts are staying soft all the time and the wobble when driving is because of this.

More noticeable on left turns as the engine kicks right when it starts as noted when I checked in neutral and its the same direction as the existing lean when turning left.

It's has me not trusting the car as it upsets the geometry when cornering even at normal speeds.
I don't get any shakes that upset the geometry of the vehicle. For me, if the engine starts while in motion it is almost imperceptible. I'd ask to try another car on their lot as Lp01 said he experienced something similar to you.

Also does it make a difference if the engine is cold or warm?
Logical FYI it's the first warm day today in a long time and the shake is definitely less...any ideas considering that.
To follow up on this and my quest to solve it.

I had the two Hankook Ventus S1 EVO3 non RFT tyres installed today on the rear and waiting on front tyres next week.

The ride is massively improved no more crashy ride over smooth but uneven surfaces and way quieter...Those Bridgestone RE50s were junk.

Will be even better with the front ones done.

Now if I can figure out the slight wobble I feel sometimes when accelerating especially around corners and coming off acceleration I will be keeping the car.

It's minor but something is slightly off have rear stab arms and a Guibo to install next hopefully that sorts it once and for all.
Car has variable shocks and I could swear sometimes when parked I can feel the rear wobbling slightly when the engine is not running. Although it's so slight I could be dreaming this up and have not had anyone in the car with me when it happens to corroborate.

Anyone experience anything like that?

As though the variable shocks are adjusting constantly and happens only when the car is parked across an incline leaning right side lower.

Madness.
So I have changed the tyres to non RFT and huge difference car drives smooth no crashing on uneven surfaces and wobbles. To date new brakes and discs, wheels refurbished and tyres changed.

Still have a shake/wobble when accelerating/taking foot off accelerator but can't ID where it's coming from (seems everywhere) and when I change from forward to reverse when parked there is a small shake/knock. (Strange considering doesn't matter if the car is in electric mode or with engine on when it happens makes no difference)

I'm thinking maybe CSB and or GUIBO. But car only had 50k km. have replacements on my desk just haven't got around to installing.

Anyone have any advice? Are Guibo failures normal this early? I'm thinking the 530e puts a lot of stress on it due regenerative braking.
Appreciate 0