07-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #33
Bandoul
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
If boolean is false then its usually because it's not supported on your model of vehicle, and no plans to support in a later i-step.

There are exceptions to this, such as ViM, which is false by default but as well all know can be activated.

In the case of that code, it doesn't do anything yet so just disable it.

I recall that there are some really obvious codes for hands off at any speeds for the G30. However the driving assistant on the G30 is not stable/advanced enough to be used in that way so I wouldn't advise enabling it.
I don't consider myself an expert coder by any stretch of the imagination. However I am a big believer in trial and error. I am also a big disbeliever in the words NO, CAN'T and I don't know. For me it is trial and error all day, any day until I get it right, every free minute I have. That said, since April, I have been building my own MY2020 G30 cheat sheet based on my car's I-Step. Each code I build has a reverse for easy undoing. Codes that do nothing and do NOT generate faults in ISTA+ I normally leave in until I can improve on them or get them right.

I am really big on safety too, I would never put others or myself at risk. I myself did not find the "really obvious" codes for hands off but I am not as experienced as you, I am sure. But those hands off codes are really handy for epic traffic jams in Houston so I would really appreciate it if you could share them and I promise to test them very safely.
Appreciate 0