View Single Post
      04-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #9
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrop View Post
Does anyone know if the rear heated seats can be added after delivery? Trevster's post (second post in this thread) sounds like he took delivery and upgraded for $400.

I am in the US. I had ordered a 540i xdrive from my dealer and we built the car using the online configurator. I looked at every option. There was no option for rear heated seats, and the cold weather package is no longer available. I chose the premium package (which has front heated seats). I took delivery 2 weeks ago. Then, after seeing this thread, I learned how to "unlock" the option for rear heated seats. I was very disappointed to learn that I could have ordered rear heated seats, but due to the glitch on the BMW website, I was not given the opportunity. The punch line is that it would actually have been $150 cheaper to have heated seats all around instead of just in the front.

I made a complaint to BMW USA but they told me that they just noted it internally and were not going to do anything about it.

Bottom line is that I would like to add it. My dealer says it cannot be retrofitted. But it looks like Trevster did it. Maybe the rear seats are already pre-wired, and all I need is a switch and proper coding. Does anyone if it can be done? BMW USA is no help in answering this question. They told me to ask my dealer.
From what I am reading- seats are not prewired.
Appreciate 0