View Single Post
      01-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

My 2018 530e Alpine White

Hello everyone!

A long-time lurker and occasional poster. My previous car was a F10 which I enjoyed very much. I got my 2018 530e about a month back and have been patiently waiting for the final pieces to arrive. Fellow forum member F32PROJRK made me fall in love with this car. Mine will have similarities because everything he has done, I just drool with envy.

Oh, I really appreciate this forum and members because this place really has helped me along the way. I have learned so much and saved a few bucks too!

My vehicle build:
2018 530e xDrive
Alpine White, Black Interior with BMW Blue stitching.
Cold Weather Package
Driving Assistance Package
Driving Assistance Plus
M Sport Package
Parking Assistance Package
Premium Package
Soft Close Automatic Doors
HK Speakers
Rear Sunshade
Apple CarPlay
Gesture Control
MSRP: 68k

My last BMW F10 I went with David Aviles from Steve Thomas BMW. I am in South Florida and he is in California. The previous transaction was amazing because I really prefer emails/txt and a final phone call to complete the transaction. He did an amazing job last time. This time however I did try to get some quotes from other popular internet sellers. I wasn't in a rush to purchase a vehicle and gave 2 weeks to get some general quotes to the SAs involved.

In the end, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE could beat David Aviles at Steve Thomas BMW. He got me an amazing deal and I will use him again in the future. It is simple txt/email messages and a final phone call again. I recommend everyone to give him a chance. Be patient and you will get a car for the best price period!!!

As for the car. Well..I bought the car only from pictures off the net. When I first tried to drive it, I thought I did something wrong because I press the start button and the car made no noise. I only realize the car was ready to be driven and was on battery. So cool.

Like my last car, I got a lot of options and I am glad I did this time as well. Driving Assistance & Driving Assistance Plus is amazing! I haven't tried Parking Assistance yet (Auto Park) but I will. Oh CarPlay doesn't work that great. I just go straight to Bluetooth to my Spotify. Actually CarPlay kind of sucks.

I tried to purchase coil-overs from BC Racing. I know this isn't as popular as KW but I just couldn't justify the price. In addition, I am boring, I don't speed or race or drive too aggressive. I just wanted correct lowered suspension. I had BC Racing in the F10 and it worked flawlessly. My car is an xDrive and currently no coil-overs are available from BC Racing. I did get a tease from their support stating it was available but not listed on their website! I paid immediately but was told after it was an error. I hope they make a set soon but for now I went to H&R Sport springs.

I had my roof wrapped in black vinyl from a local shop. They did an amazing job. I put carbon mirrors and fin.

As for the wheels, I contacted the usual forum sponsors, BimmerPost members and even talked to local dealers. I want to thank everyone, however in the end I went with one forum sponsor AR Motorwerks!

Ron from AR Motorwerks was a pleasure to talk to and very patient in answering all my questions and offered his opinion which help my indecisiveness. I purchased a complete tire/wheel/tpms package and H&R Springs. I would tell everyone to give AR Motorwerks an opportunity to earn your business. He was great and extremely fair with me. I wish I had more money so I can get another set of wheels for variety! HA!

My wheels are Avant Garde M580 in 22" with 255/30/22 & 295/25/22. I didn't have painted wheels last but this time I wanted to be a little more unique. It is a strong color and a bit flashy but I love it. Initially, I wanted to get a bronze or red color but the final decision was the 'Brushed Copper'. It was worth the 4 weeks wait. Why such an aggressive fitment? I had 21" AGs in my F10 and buying tires was pain as only a few companies offered the size I want in 21". This time I just went with 22" for better selection on tires/price as I go through a set once a year. I did get 4 flat tires ( in 3 years) because of a living in a new built community. Stupid screws.

I put Cquartz ceramic coat on my car and my wheels. I did 2 coats on the car after I took delivery. I literally did the wheels 2 days ago. From what I have experienced, I look forward to easy cleaning with the rims. I also installed a 2 channel Dash Cam from BlackVue (DR490). I tapped into the fuse box in the trunk. Super easy, local shop wanted $80 just to tap to the fuse box. Insane.

Pictures below! I included a pic of my old F10. Hope you all like it!

Appreciate 1