01-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #12
marsb007
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
I changed my trunk and hood emblems to the same black/carbon fiber -- so the outside if all consistent. I don't plan to change/touch the color of the M550i badge. The cerium gray on the emblem matches the wheel nicely so it works for me and I'm OK with the standard M color not being black.

I didn't want this post to be about the floating caps per se -- so I didn't focus much on showing it in the original. However, I don't know wtf is wrong but like 3 of my 4 floating caps dont really float. I've removed them and put back in 5 times. It's like once it's on.. it's too tight for it to move. But take them.. is just fine. I can't imagine how one could install them wrong.. they just pop in. If I take them out and spin all around.. once installed.. stuck. I can't figure out what's wrong though if you happen to have any tips or ran into this with yours.
Mine float, no issues. I'm assuming you got the 56mm ones, otherwise I don't think the 68mm would even remotely fit...

See if IND can help. It's odd that they don't work well (it's just a counterweight from the looks of it). Maybe buy a standard set from your dealer and see if those work the same (just make sure you have the ability to return them if they don't).
Appreciate 0