View Single Post
      02-29-2024, 10:46 PM   #7
504M550
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

calibration code

Hope you have better luck than I have had. Cracked windshield on my 2023 M550i, so call Safelight and set up appointment. Tech gets there and tells me BMW has not provided the code to calibrate the front facing camera so I need to go to dealer and get them to "unlock it." Call my salesman and he checks with service and tells me just come in any morning and they'll do it. I decide hell if I have to go to dealer may as well have them do the windshield replacement there. Get on their website, say I need windshield replaced and they give me appointment today. I get there and service tech says windshield isn't in stock. I say then why the hell did you give me an appointment?? Nevermind, just unlock my code so I can go back to Safelight. Service manager says they won't do that unless they are replacing the windshield. I tell them to kiss my ass and leave. Call the dealer in Baton Rouge to have it done, and they tell me they don't do windshields. I swear I love this car but I am DONE with BMW.
Appreciate 0