09-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #139
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Lol....this is me right here.

I'm known as the guy that crushes people's requests. Other managers who sit in their office all day go to the president with these great ideas, and he comes to me.

I lay out how it will affect our state and federal permits, if it involves regulatory restrictions, what those may be, and how much it would actually cost to bring it to fruition.

Unless it's a substantial cost saver or enhances production, it gets squashed pretty quickly. Most of the requests are for things that allow the managers to get out of doing which is really their due diligence.

Also the president comes to me every month for cost analysis....and the CFO wonders why? I don't sugar coat anything. You tell it for what it is, and you don't have to worry about being bitten later.

But you make enemies. The Manufacturing Manager has actually told his guys they aren't supposed to talk to me......but its because they highlight his shortcomings. And if the President asks me a question, I'm not going to lie to protect anyone even if it means I incriminate myself.

It's work....and we are all there to make it successful and ultimately profitable for the owner. So I treat the company's finances like I treat my personal finances while others have the attitude that oh well.....it's not my money.

That infuriates me!
We are, in fact, cut from the same cloth. Uncanny the similarities between us. I have people here that always come to me with issues as they know I'll provide a solution, and then there are those that are afraid to come to me, because they know I will instantly shoot them down. The difference is that if you come to me with a problem, I will provide a solution; if you come to me with a solution, I'll find 10 problems with it. It's not that I'm an asshole (I mean, I am, but that's a irrelevant here.) but part of what I get paid for is my knowledge and understanding of how things work, processes, environmental conditions, etc., basically to plan around the unforeseen that most people miss. There are always underlying factors involved.

I truly miss working for a leader/motivator rather than a "manager." I'm the type of person who gets excited about projects, likes being involved and getting my hands dirty too; but this environment has seriously turned me into a "fuck it, pay me and let me go home" guy. It's killing me.

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-18-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8208.00
vreihen1615143.50
MKSixer34173.50