Edris335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edris335i View Post
Mine would be about $248, the company randomly emailed me a $50 off coupon so I think I'm gonna go through with them.
Yeah, 200-300 seems to be the going rate.

I really wonder how they do it. I bet most of the dismissed cases come from cops who don't show up at court. The others may be some kind of court deal to reduce the penalty.

They do mention if they can't get it dismissed, they will try to reduce the penalty from a point infraction to a non point infraction even if you have to pay the full cash fine.
From what I've been reading, the way mine would work would be that the submitted trial by declaration letter would be reviewed by a judge along with the officers letter. It requires the officer to file a decent amount of paperwork and they do not get the bonus that they would normally get if they were to show up to the courthouse. Basically the cop gets lazy or swarmed with other things and can miss the deadline to file their letter and the case automatically gets dismissed. I think I'm going to go with one of the ticket attorneys in my area and just hope that it gets dismissed. Worst case scenario, I end up paying an extra $200. Best case scenario, I pay $250 instead of $600.
Appreciate 1