Edris335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.Wolfson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edris335i View Post
....Do they actually get cases dismissed by going through trial by declaration and sending the attorney written letter to the court?

EDIT: I live in Southern California and ticket attorneys are very popular and common here
Here in NJ I have always felt that the prosecutors are simply looking for the money so dismissing a ticket is rare particularly if you get a ticket in a municipality that uses tickets as a revenue stream.

If you go to court and meet with the prosecutor most of them will tell you what to do if your record is clean and you are dressed respectfully. They actually have a special code to give you no points one time but it costs you more. They did that because the judges were allowing a guilty plea for offenses that kept the money local rather than having to share with the State. This way everyone wins in that the state and municipality get money, and you get no points. But the judges know if you did that even once

BUT in court the attorneys go first and it's clear that people who bring attorney's get special treatment. Most times they get you what you could have gotten yourself. But who knows. The going rate is $300 for a regular ticket and $500 for a first offense DWI.

Invest in a good radar detector and pay attention to the road is my strategy.

///Rich
Yeah I'm usually pretty good at watching out for the officers on the side of the road but there were so many cars in the other lanes that I honestly could not see him. I definitely plan on investing in a good radar detector but I've been hesitant on pulling the trigger on one
Appreciate 0