View Single Post
      11-22-2020, 10:44 PM   #4
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Yeah, I definitely feel your frustration and I hope you're looking at problem free miles ahead.

Part of the benefit of getting it fresh from the factory is you get a really good chance to evaluate the car ahead of its warranty expiring. We can look at the reliability across the brand and across the model or even model year, but you can still end up with a problematic car even if others are problem free.

If you get towards the end of the factory bumper to bumper and the repairs stacked up I'd evaluate swapping compared to extended warranty. If others are problem free and you have an outlier it would be better to swap I think as even if someone else is paying it isn't fun needing routine repairs.

All that said, I'm 13 months into my MY2020 530e and just shy of 10K miles with no issues. Although the factory did forget to put an xDrive badge on my car (and a few others as well at the time), but that's minor enough to not be a big deal.

If you have Consumer Reports you can look at owner reports across the model and MY (but not trim). 2019 and 2020 look like good years overall for the G30 so far. So there is that.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...lity/?pagestop
Appreciate 0