06-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #18
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
I pick up inventory for my business the next town over. I'm moving multiple boxes at a time each trip at a frequency of 3-4 times a week. Then I also work on the various things my building needs.

Call me cheap, but it saves my business tons of money to do this kind of stuff myself. So I would much rather beat on my 100 dollar watch and now that I know it makes Darth Federer so mad, I'm gonna keep on doing it. Maybe I'll wear two watches just to really make him angy.
Let me emphasize again, I'm not mad at you.....bro. Your posts just happen to be on these thread pages I'm reading and I think it's a good example of my point. If your doing all this work that's hard on your watches then why are you not wearing a g-shock or something? Is the purpose of your watch to tell you the time or to convey your status to others? The only reason I can think of is you need to be seen in a Rolex. To me that's a slippery slope of ego and keeping up with the joneses. It's probably no question the g-shock will be more durable for what you're doing and it will last longer than your fake Rolex that you have to reset 2-3 times a week. And to your point of what I can afford, I do own an M3 but the Rolex was just way beyond my means.