View Single Post
      06-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #18
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

UPDATE 6/25/09 Hey everyone! So today after much anticipation I had a chance to pick up my new Raceland headers I ordered. I use the word anticipation for several reasons:

1. Without the headers the mechanic doesn't want to begin the install. He'd rather wait till all the components are ordered for the car before dropping the engine in. Fair enough, this helps keep the cost down!

2. Apparently FEDEX doesn't want to leave the headers at my house without a signature (require from the shipper). So I had to go on a goose chase to pick these puppies up from their main shipping center in Bell, CA.
I would of had them by Tuesday but since nobody is home to sign for them, FEDEX has a 2 day grace period before I can actually pick them up in person.

Anyhow..picked them up...and was off to the mechanic to drop them off! Hopefully all is well with them and we can bolt them on! Here they are...

Upon opening the package I gotta say these headers actually look quality! $200 are you kidding me? Nicely polished, really nice welds. Can't believe these are eBay headers. Now here's to hoping that they flow!

Here's the car on the rack. The old M20 engine is out of the car!

Engine bay is empty and awaiting it's new brain!

Hopefully the rest of the components should be aquired by the mechanic himself and all goes smoothly I should have a swapped E30 by next week sometime! Will post more pics of the swap as it happens and the all important video of the first start!
Appreciate 0