Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Glad to hear your thoughts on the laser lights. Any time I bought a BMW, there was three things I used do - usually change from shadow line to chrome (I know, Im old fashioned in liking chrome!) , delete Msport suspension, definitely if upgrading wheel size, and upgrade the lights one or two levels. Maybe that's 4 , because I always used upgrade the rims.
We wanted the adaptive suspension because I was keen on the 20" wheels and all the reviews I had seen said it was a must-have. It does apparently make the car sit a little higher than the M Sport suspension, but if you normally prefer the standard suspension, it doesn't seem like that would bother you. I find the ride on the 20s and the adaptive suspension to be completely fine, but there is a bit of tyre roar on some motorways and A roads. Not enough to make me regret the decision though.

Quote:
I love Tanzanite and as you said, only disadvantage is not being able to tweak the interior. The Edition spec is definitely Sporty, whereas my Phytonic/Ivory/Ash Trunkwood would tend towards Luxury I suppose.
I think that's exactly it - ours is a little more sporty. I was worried that the blue stitching and especially the M seatbelts would look a bit gaudy, but I actually quite like them now.

I suppose another disadvantage of the Tanzanite is that, being a darker colour, it is going to be a bit harder than the Phytonic to keep it looking clean. It is a great colour though. As you said above, similar to Audi Navara Blue, but probably a bit more subdued when its not in direct sunlight. The video I posted is a good example of what it looks like most of the time in our UK weather!

Quote:
Do you find the interior dark with the seats and black headlining?
No, but I've always liked black interiors. We looked at the Ivory interiors and they were really nice, but I was nervous of wear and tear on them. Yours in the Audi does look stunning though.

I wanted to try the caramel leather this time, but my wife put her foot down. Getting the Edition model actually saved us from arguing about the interior

Quote:
So your car didn't have the full on M5 style seats? I absolutely hated the comfort of the S5 seats, Id be interested to see how yours look. And I presume fully electric adjustment? Are the side bolsters electric?
Yes, strangely enough, when they first announced the Edition model, the saloon came with the M5 style seats, and the touring didn't. Just after we ordered ours, they started offering the touring with the M5 seats too, but we must have just missed the cut off, because ours has the regular M Sport seats. I've attached a photo of them below for you. Adjustment is all electric (including side bolsters and lumbar support) apart from moving them back and forward, and the headrests.

I find the sports seats quite comfortable, but my wife says she can't always get comfortable in them. We haven't had the car long though, and there's a lot of possible adjustments to make. We might try the comfort seats in our next car, but them being bundled with the comfort access puts me off.

Quote:
Id love a Touring too, but my wife prefers saloons, and she actually will be driving it most as I work away a lot of the week.
We were actually the other way around. Our last 5 series was a touring so I wanted a saloon, but my wife insisted we should have the touring in case we needed the extra space. It does make sense, as we have kids of university age and dogs - although as much as I love them, they won't be riding in the BMW any time soon.

Quote:
Your car does look spectacular. Did you have it ceramic coated?
Thanks! Yes, we did. We had it coated with Modesta BC-04. Its our first car with a coating. It seems to be doing a great job of protecting it, but it hasn't been long enough for me to give a proper opinion yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jas387; 11-08-2020 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0