View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #19
vinch9292
China
Rep
Drives: BMW 530Le G38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaPiFSC View Post
I'd love to retrofit the 3D surround. Do any of my current installed packages make this project easier? My 530e Sportline, already has installed the Driving assistant Package, Driving assistant package plus, Rear View camera, Park Distance Control. There is more, but I think these are the most relevant to this project.

Projects questions:
1: Is the module for the rear view camera all I need and I plug the other 3 cameras into it? Or will that be replaced?

2: Where is the module for the rear view camera? or the 3d camera located in the car?

3: Where can I order the parts required? Links? Seems like, from earlier posts here, I need 3 more camera, and the wire harness for the side cameras and the front camera.

4: What do people think about the NON BMW 3D offerings, found on Ebay? I imagine those won't work with gesturing....

5: Does anyone have links to videos or DYI instructions for anything related to this project that will help!

Thanks!
1.Mine had the same factory fitted as yours but still you need a different camera module for 3D surround view

2.under the steering wheel/dash board, somewhere down there as i observed during installation

3. mine retrofit guys said get it from Germany, camera module was not brand new but used, and also need to replace the entire rear view mirror module that come with the cameras, also the switch at the central console

4. Not sure but most likely not compatible to idrive

& 5. no sources
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
clee1982796.00
Aeko41.00