View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

2020 Alpine White 530e build thread

After a long 2 and a half month wait, I finally picked up my 2020 530e from the Performance Center this past Friday, and I cannot say enough positive things about the whole PCD process! From being picked up at the airport in a loaded X5, to spending the day with Matt and Derek on the track and the off-road course, to the phenomenal food throughout. It was truly an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone who is ordering a BMW and can travel to South Carolina to pick it up.

Haven't had much of a chance to play with the car yet, but I already have some parts I ordered before it arrived to put in, and will update the thread as things progress.

Factory options:
Alpine White Exterior / Black Dakota with Blue Stitching / Fineline Ridge Wood Trim
M-Sport Package / Executive Package / Driving Assistant Plus / Parking Assistant Plus
Front and Rear Heated Seats / Heated Steering Wheel / Harman Kardon Surround System / Night Vision w/ Pedestrian Detection

Currently Completed items:
- Color-matched IND front camera cover, front reflectors, and Gloss Black Grilles to match the rest of the M-Sport trim
- Various Coding
- Rear Fog Light switch swap and enabling (DIY can be found here)
- 4-Zone Climate Touch Control Panel swap
- Ambient Air / Ionizer retrofit, as well as the Ventilated Glove Box hose
- Rear diffuser in Gloss Black
- Black Chrome Exhaust Tips

Pending/Future Plans:
- Debadging
- Window tint
- Rear spoiler (either gloss black or color matched)
- Possibly wrapping the roof. I like the look from a distance, but I have seen some that look bad once you are up close
- Display Key / Remote Controlled Parking retrofit (on hold for now since BMW stopped selling Display Keys for vehicles that it did not come with)
- Rear Seat Entertainment retrofit
- Possibly exploring a full retrofit of the 4-zone Climate Control
- Possibly adding the Gentleman switch function from the 7-series

For those who notice in the first picture, the BMW flag is missing from its pole and the American Flag is tattered on the end. The Spartanburg area had terrible storms roll through the day before my delivery, and they had not been able to repair/replace them yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by roxxor; 05-18-2020 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 1