Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
How do you like the GLE 450?
GLE is the wife's car, but we like it a lot. Our son has taken the X3 with him to college so we needed a do it all vehicle that could carry the dog, or all our stuff on vacation, grandkids, home-depot runs etc. We've had it since June of 2021 and its served us well as a replacement for her GLC. My wife really liked the mild-hybrid system of my old CLS so she wanted the 450's Inline-6 engine which is buttery smooth. The interior is one of the biggest reasons we went for it, modern looks, fantastic ambient lighting, and cavernous space, the rear legroom especially is huge for the class, bigger than the E-Wagon and both X5 and X7 by quite a bit. And on top of that, when she saw the paint job of this car in the showroom (Emerald Green Metallic) she couldn't say no.

Attachment 2821678
The legroom versus the wagon is interesting. I was messing around looking at Benz models today. Coincidentally, I think the GLE 450 would be my choice if I was going back to an SUV. My wife had a Lexus GX and it's a hell of a vehicle but their technology and options are incredibly basic compared to the Germans. When you get smaller than a full size, I don't like any of the US mid size SUV options much. I LOVE my 540 and I'd definitely be biased to an X5 for that reason, but that GLE is really eye catching in and out.

And I love the green. Fantastic.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25086.00