Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
^ Glad you enjoyed the facility. I hated it. Paid a shit ton for "premium" parking, which was in lot F, and had to walk several miles per day through the fields. The shuttles were often not running, and/or total chaos. Day 1 we had to walk from lot f to turn 1. I think it was nearly 5 miles.

Day 2 was in the main grandstand, and I was shocked at the lack of restrooms especially since those are some of the most expensive seats.

Was in turn 15 for the race, and thought that was pretty good, other than abysmal food and drink options nearby.

Other dislikes:
$16 beers. Really? It's not a strip club.

The concerts were total shit shows. My wife likes Pink, so bought the upgraded tickets. Little did I know that "upgrade" meant me and 10,000 of my closest friends. Waited in line for an hour with my "upgrade" tickets and still couldn't see the stage.

The roads going in and out of then track are totally insufficient to handle the volume of cars. It took me 2.5 hours from downtown Austin to get to my seat on race day. I damn near missed the start of the race.

Only one bottle of water is allowed to be brought in per person? That should damn near be illegal. Preventing peole from bringing in a basic life necessity as they sit in the baking sun is unconscionable.

At the end of the day, I was embarrassed that all of the foreign visitors were seeing all of these things and shaping their opinion of the US based on their experience at the track.

I predict a sharp attendance drop next year!
I'm sorry your experience was less than desirable for you and your family. You're absolutely correct about the walking and the lack of vehicles for many patrons. The vexing part about this was that there were dozens of them just parked in the premium area just sitting there, un-used.

I don't know how you handled it but I recommend the squeaky wheel approach and find someone who can make a decision and has the authority to get things done. Good luck in the future!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0