View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #16
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I've been going to the Seattle Auto Show off and on for maybe 20 years and it's still a pretty good time. I fly up, take my father and sister, remember taking my mother before she passed away, and basically have fun looking at what's available on the market, even if I'm not shopping for a car.

I think it's a great place to see all of the cars in one spot-- and they're mostly all wired for power, so you can sit in the car, check headroom, see if you like the nav, radio controls, etc.

Some of the high dollar cars keep the doors locked, or have their toys behind a ropeline-- but that's fine, and it keeps those feral little monsters from ruining a $100k plus car.

I have seen fewer manufacturers over the past few years though (mostly Mini), and I think that's a mistake-- it's a great place to go out, touch the cars, and take a test drive. And since the reps on the floor are from corporate and this is their full-time job, they seem to really know their cars (which is a pleasant change from most sales reps).

I was up at the Seattle show this past November, and it's what allowed me to see, sit in and eventually by my 2020 M2C-- without the show, I wouldn't have ever considered buying the car-- so BMW got at least one high-dollar sale out of their show.

R.
Appreciate 0