jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Hello,

Just read through a topic of someone replacing 676 hifi amp with Match UP 7BMW on a G01 X3 and it's not plug & play anymore. Match amp brackets and harness connector is slightly different in g-series. Check out the detailed post from here. E: as this topic was created more than year ago, maybe Match have responded to the changes by altering their harness by now?

I have the Match UP 7BMW amp installed on my G30 along with some nice Audison speakers and have nothing but positive experience, can highly recommend for anyone. Although my car had no hifi options at all to begin with so i can't give you any instructions with amp replacing. I just replaced all the crappy standard speakers and installed amp, what a world of difference.

I don't understand why luxury cars even have the option for business radio with no tweeters, 2 middle speakers and 2 underseat woofers. It just simply sounds so horrible you wanna cry.
Thanks, when you installed what instructions did you follow to remove the trunk panels, etc?

Also, did you run into the issue with the incompatibility in terms of the harness as well? If so what did you do to work around it?