09-04-2006, 05:59 AM   #3
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin
Thing is .. i bet they "will" get someone to buy it for somewhere close to the sale price too.

Sounds like a great car (well it must have been if you bought it ) and for someone who wants a 530d it will sell itself I bet .. and the add on's will only help the sale even further.

Its just one of things.

Did you get a decent deal on your 330i by the way ... I got 8% off list and a "decent" trade in for my old car.
It's difficult to know isn't it ....

I got the 'black book' value for my trade in and about 6% off list for the new car.

The rest of the deal hung on the finance, where I got them to match the APR I had on my original HP deal for the 530d, but in the form of a lease purchase scheme with a £10k final payment.

Net result is I end up paying only very slightly more each month.

I think I did 'all right', but in hindsight it looks as if I did rather well to get the 530d for £24K in the first place, so for that reason I didn't take much of a hit in the changeover.

I used drive the deal as the benchmark for the discount and frustratingly they starting offering much more in the week AFTER I bought the car. I think that there was a hit as a result of the 335i announcements, but that it kicked in only AFTER I signed up.

I should probably have hung on for more discount, but I actually felt like I had 'won' on the finance and didn't push too hard.
Appreciate 0