DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKosherStogie View Post
Throw on some sticky tires and call it the day and learn how to track your car if you don't. Many of these journalists can't drive.
It comes with PSSs and those tests are done on new tires.... I run those now and new, they are great. 1/2 gone, they slip more.

I am not sure I want the M now....

New quote from M4 vs F Type article:

I stick with the BMW for the next few miles up the N2 and decide to turn DSC off completely. The first slide is a little tentative because it seems to initiate so easily that I’m worried it might get quite big quite quickly, but not so. And once you know how easy it is, literally every corner on the N2 seems to become an opportunity to get the rear wheels over-rotating. Load up the outside-front, then with the revs somewhere in the monstrous mid-range torque plateau (1850-5500rpm), simply press the throttle. There’s no need to stamp or mash the pedal deep into its travel because the M4 is already balanced in such a way that it’s just waiting for a nod of approval from the 406lb ft to tip itself into a slide. You’ll feel the rear go light and hear the revs rise as the tail steps out of line, but catching it is easy and the brilliant Active M Differential means your right foot is then the master in deciding how long the black lines behind you are going to be.
Turning around and driving back down the road, I’m slightly shocked at just how many corners I seem to have tattooed with two long stripes of melted rubber. There’s one particular slide through an uphill right-hander that I’ll remember for some time, because it just seemed to go on and on and on. I turned in early and almost immediately had the car oversteering, but sweetly rather than luridly. It felt totally in control all the way through the corner, right foot keeping the slide going but in check on my side of the road, just an eighth of a turn of opposite lock dialled in and the razor-sharp throttle managing the rear axle every bit as precisely as in the V8 E92. All the time the M4 was accelerating through the corner feeling both balanced and infinitely more balletic than I would have believed possible after the initial drive this morning.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0