View Single Post
      04-06-2015, 03:59 PM   #14
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah View Post
Well, they can't always beat Mercedes, They will be a tad lower sometime.. About the G30, I believe the 530i will be a 4 cyl (my brother insists it'll be an i6 like his E60) and unlike the F10/E60 530i it'll get Dual Exhausts! But can someone please explain that new platform they're following for me? Sorry for the dumb question
Can't speak for other models but AFAIK the 6 series looks AND feels more premium than its competitor at MB (CLS-Class). That's why I chose mine after test driving both despite the BMW costing significantly more than the CLS 350 - the I6 640 costed as much as the V8 CLS 500 but it was worth it because of the gorgeous exterior and interior.

IMHO outside of the G-class and AMG GT, everything that Merc currently makes is pretty dull and ugly to me. I think the SLS is one of the best cars of this decade and the old C63 Coupe looked pretty sharp too. Looks like they're back to making cars for old people again.

I'm thinking of trading in my 6er for an F10 M5 but I hope BMW keeps the F10 M for at least 2 years before replacing it so that my car won't get outdated so fast. The G10 looks pretty similar to the F10 though at least from the side. Hope the weight reduction will be sufficient to enable it to be one of the fastest sedans on the planet again.
Appreciate 0