View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #24
PartsEvolved
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp, E53 44i, E38 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBO View Post
OK.. got my filter kit last night and went through the install. First thing I have to say - ignore the above video and any literature that comes from the website. Although we're still talking B58, the installation on the G30 540i is actually quite different.

The kit comes with the billet intake holder and the filter, plus an elbow and mounting block. I've included pictures for everything, so I hope that helps.

The filter box doesn't have clips on the G30. It's secured by 6 star head cap screws that are partly captured within the upper airbox lid. Undo those, unscrew and remove the air intake sensor, then remove the hose clamp. The top assembly then lifts clear. You need to retain one of the screws so you can mount the filter.

Be careful about how you mount the elbow and block. It is possible to incorrectly install it across the edge of the airbox (which will damage the box lip). All the holes will still line up however, so you need to make sure you have plenty of light - it's a cramped space down there.

Basically, put the small riser block onto the outer edge of the airbox and secure it using one of the cap screws from the box. I suggest you also loosely thread the elbow from the BMS filter onto the body of the intake. It's such a small space, it's easy to drop something. Put the filter onto the intake pipe, tighten the hose clamp, install the sensor into the BMS intake, then tighten. There is an elongated slot in the elbow which allows the filter to slide forward/back so you can correctly position it in the airbox.

Now - enjoy. The sound is definitely improved. You can hear the turbo spool and intake far more clearly and I think the better flow will certainly help. In combo with the MPPSK, this has definitely made the car far more enjoyable for me. It's still a quiet luxury cruiser in low revs, but stick the boot into it, and things really wake up in a hurry. It really pulls strongly now. I won't take it to the track, but the stats suggest a 12s 1/4 mile and 10.7s 0-100mph (RWD;sDrive 540i w. MPPSK). I was initially disappointed they didn't bring the xDrive out here, but the mid-pace acceleration on this thing is really impressive.
This is a great write up! Thanks for posting.

I'm wondering if the Agency Power intake would work without issues, in the same way, on the G30 540i. Has anyone had any experience with that?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0