View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #25
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmy5 View Post
Does anyone think dealerships will make a fuss over this mod? Not something you can quickly take on and off for service, so I'm curious if voiding the warranty is a concern.
They can only void the portion of the warranty that was affected by the modification. So putting on different wheels would not affect the engine, for example. If you had an issue with drivability, then I can see them blaming the intake and refusing to do anything until you return it to stock.

I wish you guys would go to the considerable trouble and expense of doing a before and after dyno for these things. Only then can you prove that the change made a difference in performance. I stand by my earlier claims (in other posts in probably other forums) that these intakes make no performance improvement. In fact, they can decrease performance because you are changing the conditions under which the ECM expects to operate.

Now, if it sounds better and that's all you are trying to do, then that's fine. Or you think it looks cool. But these engineers know what they're doing, and if they could get extra horsepower without sacrificing engine health by simply putting on a gauze filter instead of a paper filter, then they would come that way from the factory.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0