Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpizutti View Post
I did the Mtown tour yesterday in Pittsburgh..I drove the M5 M2comp and 850i
I was a sunny day in pit so I drove the 850 with the top down..and I must say
It sounded great..if the M8 sounds like this but just up a few notches it will be a win.
But i agree the ride is soft..but really nice it is most definitely a GT car.
As for the M5..while it's the new M5 it rocks..like the OP i also have driven this car on the track..and yes it's fun but u do feel the weight..but the car on the street really does feel
Smaller then it really is..and now the M2COMP..i like the OP also have an M3cs
And i will tell you i love the DCT..you do not get the punch in the seat with the ZF
Like the DCT..but it does shift just as fast.. I did like the M2. But after driving the M3cs
It feels a little soft on the power curve..I wish they had it tuned like the CS..but
I guess that can be fixed with after market tune..I had a 2016 M235 I pick up in Germany
In 2015(wanted M2 but at the time of ordering not released) so the interior is set up the same but with Mseats so I get the OP talking about it being a little off..
Over all the M2 is fun..but I like the m3 a bit more..cant wait to see what the G80 will hold
For kicks, immediately after the event I took my M3 CS on the same route and I still prefer it to all the other cars except the M2. Not that one was better than the other, the M2 is pure joy and the best I can put it that it's different enough from the M3 CS to not compare them apples to apples. I agree, the M2 would be so much better with more power it was a shame I didn't get to drive the M2C.

My M3 CS is stock except for the MPE which I added because I felt it didn't sound aggressive enough and adds a lot to the driving experience. Having said that here is how each compares:

M340i - It's pretty damn fast for non-M. It's still leaning a little more towards street driving than straight up performance though. The stock exhaust sounded just as good if not a little better (maybe due to the aggressive ASD) than my stock M3 CS. Not even close to my MPE though. Nice but boring interior, the M3 CS at least has more textures and sportier seats. The DCT is a better experience for my application and being that this is a M Performance car and not an M car, the lack of individual customization of the steering, suspension, shifting, and drivetrain including the M1 and M2 buttons are unfortunate.

M5C - Like I said a brute, but much like the M2C this is a different car for a different purpose. For my needs, I don't need a larger sports sedan. The M3 CS is about as big, if not a little too big, as I want to go for something sporty.

M850i - Pure GT car, soft, comfortable, the top down adds a lot of fun, but I wish it was more sporty. They should have called this an 850i.

X3MC - for an SAV wow! Not much more I can say about this that I haven't already. Again though, I don't need a sporty SUV and of course the M3 CS is going to handle better, but this is a different car for a different purpose. However, if I ever did need a sporty fast SAV, this would be it.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0