View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
HandyAndy1960
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy1960 View Post
I have had my 530e for six months and covered some 5000 miles, system has triggered on numerous occasions but never braked by itself.... until last Wednesday. I was on a clear road, no traffic or pedestrians, weather was good and dry, car was clean. I was travelling at about 25-30 mph on a road I use every day on my way to work when suddenly the car did a full emergency stop all by itself. I reported this to BMW and they have taken the car into a local dealer where it’s has been for over a week. They have apparently updated all of the ‘modules’ with the latest software and road tested the car. I’m not sure I will ever feel the same about the car as I will never really know if the fault has been cured. I wanted to be able to turn the system off as I feel that the safety system is a safety issue in itself, but BMW will not do this as it’s a safety system!
This is my ninth BMW on the trot and I feel it may be my last.

Latest update on this, it appears there was a fault in the software, system reported on the morning of the incident that the camera had become obscured ( probably early morning dew), when this happens the system should switch off, but it didn’t and activated due to false information. Car has now been updated with latest software and is being test driven for 500 miles by the dealer to make sure fault has been cured.
I’m not filled with confidence here !!
Appreciate 0