LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy1960 View Post
Latest update on this, it appears there was a fault in the software, system reported on the morning of the incident that the camera had become obscured ( probably early morning dew), when this happens the system should switch off, but it didn’t and activated due to false information. Car has now been updated with latest software and is being test driven for 500 miles by the dealer to make sure fault has been cured.
I’m not filled with confidence here !!
500 miles? That's a lot of warranty time burned and miles put on in a manner you have no idea how they are putting them on by driving "hard" or whatever. If leasing, I probably wouldn't care too much, but since I only buy and don't lease that hit to warranty time and unknown wear and tear would bother me a bit.

That being said, as I noted above the manual notes the issues with glare and whatnot. In the worst conditions for that I'd consider turning the systems off and back on. According to the manual this is easily done by holding the button for a few seconds. It is well worth the read...
Appreciate 0