View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 10:11 PM   #324
NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
I have an 840i GC loaner (regular service). Really excited to get some wheel time in any 8 GC. Its pretty badass. Handling is phenomenal, especially given the size. Doesn’t drive like a boat at all. Very planted. Not much roll. Good exhaust note, even in the 40i trim. The ride is very comfortable. Surprisingly so, even. But the seats are much sportier and not as comfortable as the G30 multi contour. I’m reserving judgment to try and get more time and mess with the position some more. But it COULD be enough to make me shy away from it on the next round. But damn, everything else about is super attractive. And I did fit my clubs in the trunk… barely… but you can’t fit much else with them.

This is the last car on the list for me to cross off, as far as potential alternatives. If I walk away from this still saying the next car is another, newer, G30 then it’s truly irreplaceable for me (given that Porsche isn’t attainable for my budget).

It is funny how I get spoiled. The car is awesome but I know two things - I don’t want to go back to HK stereo and I can’t help but feel slow even though it’s still an objectively fast car with the B58. Sport plus and shifter to the left and I still never felt like the power could overwhelm me. The V8 is just a monster and it’s hard to go back from it.
Attached Images

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 5
Gautam622.50
adhrp1330.00
tsbrown1111.50
Mosaud19983980.50
Joe-BMW337484.50