02-02-2017, 08:53 AM   #35
rundmc_92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwcree View Post
The Parking assistant is another step toward taking away driving skills from the driver - what kind of driver is BMW identifying with:

The driving assistant implies BMW wants stupid driver that cannot maneuver a car...
Or has cataract surgery and cannot visualize or initiate a parking maneuver

BMW should think of its drivers
I drove the 1500 then the 2500 then the 520 and when I was 13 and on my wall there was a picture saying freund am Fahren

And a speeding 7 series -- the pleasure drivers extracts out of driving is by maneuvering a powerful car like the 5 and 6, and M and then taming them

When that is gone so does the pleasure of driving amigos

Many BMW drivers specially
While I appreciate your point and get what you're saying, BMW has to offer this stuff. They're a premium brand and if Mercedes, Audi and hell, even Lexus offer it, so does BMW. Freund am Fahren isn't the reason 90% of BMW owners get BMWs anymore. Plus, saying no to new tech just because it isn't "classic" BMW is a bit backward, simply because BMW is typically near the front of automotive technology. A car parking itself definitely seems to be automotive tech.

It's a cool piece of kit, do I need it? No. Do a vast majority of premium, luxury car buyers need it? Absolutely. If this can teach one BMW owner how to park between the lines instead of in two spots, I'm all for it. (It can perpendicular park in case you were wondering).

Last edited by rundmc_92; 02-02-2017 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: poor grammar
Appreciate 0