10-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #18
pxd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
:bs:

LOL... Black attracts heat..!! If your windows were tinted white or silver that might seem reasonable. Tinted windows have no purpose but to shield sunlight from entering your car.... when its parked.

Has nothing to do when you in it, because your car is RUNNING.. and you can have the AC on. Walking up to a hot car is also a phallicy because when you open the door and turn the ac on, within 40 seconds your car is cooler than it would be if you had no windows at all. Open you trunk of you car next time and check the heat in there... No windows in there... still hot!

Having ZERO window tint vs having a slight tint.. Say 50% will reduce the sunlight by 50% ..! If that's not enough to keep your car cool... then 100% tint won't do anything.

It's called the cost of diminishing returns. (ie trunk)

I've never had a problem with BMW A/C in 100+ days with Michigan humidity. Which Cali doesn't get. You just have to start you car and get out and let it cool down for about 30 seconds. Once in, it doesnt matter how hot it is outside!

I think alot of you like lieing to yourself. There is no logical rebuttle for pimp tint. Darker = Celebrity Mindset.
Actually, it reduces DIRECT heat caused by the sunlight. The heat residing in the trunk after parking your car is because after a certain time it establishes an equilibrium of pressure and temperature with the outside atmosphere.
Also, there are certainly numerous people who dislike sunlight, especially in Southern California where it becomes so strong that it actually hurts your skin.
That altogether seems logical enough to get darker tint to me.
Appreciate 0