View Single Post
      07-08-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
MCL_24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540ix

2019 540xi service schedule. Spark plugs

Hoping you guys could point me to the service schedule for my 2019 540xi. I've been searching around but haven't been able to find it for some reason.

I purchased my car CPO 11 months ago with 26,500 miles. Today it has 31,800 and I recently got a message on the dash about needing an oil change. I come from the camp of usually changing oil a bit sooner than necessary... but idk I wasn't expecting the on board system to recommend it until 7.5 or 10k after the last change (which was right around 26.5k mi when the dealer CPO'd the car). It has been just about a year so maybe it was due to time.. which is another reason I wanted to get it changed.

Anyway - I went to my indy mechanic and they changed it today. Cost was $160 which I wasn't too sure how to feel about. Didn't realize the engine takes 7qts of oil though and the breakdown was $130 for oil/filter and $30 for labor... so I was ok with it.

They told me that since the car has 30k mi now - BMW recommends brake fluid being changed, but they said it could most likely go longer since it was Dot4. I actually just checked service records and it looks like it was flushed/changed by the previous owner at 22k mi so I should be good there.

The next thing the said was BMW recommends the spark plugs get changed every 30k miles so I was due for that. I trust them, but it seemed like a very short interval to me.. so wanted to check the official service schedule.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited by MCL_24; 07-08-2023 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0