11-08-2020, 04:04 AM   #5
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 530e XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
I don't know much about the trim issue, but I did notice that the chrome trims had been removed from the UK configurator.

I have an M Sport Edition 540i Touring. Mine does come with the adaptive suspension, and it looks like the 530e xDrive does too (the configurator shows it under the 'technology' section). I'd say it works fairly well. I can definitely tell the difference between Comfort and Sport modes, although it's not exactly night and day.

My car was one of the early M Sport Editions that didn't come with the M style seats, so I can't comment on what they feel like, but from what I could see when I was researching them, they look exactly the same as the regular M Sport seats, with the exception of the wider shoulder support, so unless you were going for the comfort seats I wouldn't expect that it would make any difference. I haven't sat in them though, so you definitely shouldn't take my word for it.

Edit - now I've got my car I can see that the side bolsters are slightly more pronounced too, but they do still look pretty similar. You can see them in this video:

I have the laser lights and I love them. I also live somewhere with no street lights and do a lot of country lane driving and they work really well (so well, in fact, that when I got into my other car, I had to keep checking that my lights were actually on). However, my only comparison is with regular halogen lights that I've had on other cars. I have not tried the standard adaptive LED lights so its hard to say whether they're worth the extra dough. I would probably spec them if I was ordering again though.

The downside of the Edition model is that you can't change any of the interior. You're stuck with the dark grey 'rhombicle' trim and the blue stitching, but that was fine for us because we quite liked it and we really wanted the Tanzanite Blue paint.

Here are a few pictures of mine. It is sitting higher than usual in the first couple of photos because it has just come off the lift.

If you've got any other questions, please shout.
That video oddly is from one of the dealers I'm speaking to over here, I bought a 5 there in 2011 and a Mini for my wife in 2010. They always have great stock.

Glad to hear your thoughts on the laser lights. Any time I bought a BMW, there was three things I used do - usually change from shadow line to chrome (I know, Im old fashioned in liking chrome!) , delete Msport suspension, definitely if upgrading wheel size, and upgrade the lights one or two levels. Maybe that's 4 , because I always used upgrade the rims.

I love Tanzanite and as you said, only disadvantage is not being able to tweak the interior. The Edition spec is definitely Sporty, whereas my Phytonic/Ivory/Ash Trunkwood would tend towards Luxury I suppose.

Do you find the interior dark with the seats and black headlining? So your car didn't have the full on M5 style seats? I absolutely hated the comfort of the S5 seats, Id be interested to see how yours look. And I presume fully electric adjustment? Are the side bolsters electric?

Id love a Touring too, but my wife prefers saloons, and she actually will be driving it most as I work away a lot of the week.

Your car does look spectacular. Did you have it ceramic coated?
Attached Images