Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
How long do you think before a business owner in California defends his store with his AR against the "smash and grabbers"? What would be the consequences for a business owner if that were to happen?
I think we're on the cusp of that happening if I'm being honest. People are completely fed up. We have flash mob robberies/thefts every other day. The problem a business owner would have is articulating the need to fire a weapon if there's no threat of serious bodily or death. A theft absent a threat is just petty theft/shoplifting or grand theft; a property crime. Shoplifting plus a threat turns it into an Estes robbery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So, how much is your department getting from ARPA for front line workers?

Our Council approved $175/mn for the period 3/20-3/21 for sworn. Non-sworn got $150. I tried to convince my boss that IT supports PD at least 50%/day and on call 24x7, we should get something more than the $100 for general staff. He laughed.
We revived $1000 this month and will be paid an additional $500 next month for working through COVID. We are still negotiating for a raise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
I had traffic court yesterday. 85 in a 65. This was on a local major highway so we know 85 is not exactly flying, but b/c speed limits haven't been revised, I was breaking the law on paper.

I saw him flying up reckless weaving through traffic to get me. I pulled over ad waited for him. No break.

I hire lawyer & I only get 2 points knocked off. WTH? I could have done that without a lawyer...

My question is, is only taking 2 pts off under these circumstances normal these days? Oh, it was last day of the month that I was pulled over as well...
What state do you reside in? Those points likely made the difference between you having a license and having your license suspended for a year or two without any provisions.
Excellent point. Not all states allow civilians to use deadly force to protect all property. This gets lost on a lot of folks.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0