Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
IMHO, most people are cowards who are scared to act when it's time to act…..

…whether that action is to defend someone who is being assaulted physically (…e.g…a flight attendant being assaulted by a passenger), defend somebody being assaulted verbally (…e.g. BLM crowds/members disrupting people just trying to eat dinner with their families) or defend a city that is being perpetrated against by people with bad intentions. Good on Rittenhouse to act to protect life and property. If we had more Americans who were willing to combat the nonsense, we wouldn't be in the perilous state we're in [as a country].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That is true, but coming to the defense of others is not going to get you into trouble with the law under all but the most extreme set of circumstances. It's one thing to see two grown men fighting, for example, and decide to stay out of it. It's another thing entirely to watch a woman be sexually assaulted or a flight attendant being assaulted and do absolutely nothing. At the very least, we should protect our women and children. That's just my perspective though.

I expect more from men I suppose. When these criminals use their girlfriends and wives as human shields it truly pisses me off. Friggin cowards!
Agreed. I too expect more but not just from men but from women also, but sadly our society is becoming more and more submissive, deflective, and generally soft. It's easier to act like we didn't see something than to act on it. Or, what seems to be the norm these days, record the act on video while doing nothing, and then post it on social media and call the person out. Social media warriors. It's sad.

Also regarding the comment that most people are cowards when it comes time to act, it's getting away from the topic as it was discussed but it's a good example of how the "tough" easily break when it comes time to act and we see this in the military all the time and I'm sure the police force sees it as well. Guys (and gals) think they are protectors, will act like Billy Badass, act tough talking about how they are ready to fuck shit up, fight the enemy, how they aren't scared of a firefight etc, but as soon as the rounds start flying you find them cowering behind a barrier and screaming while the guy who is usually humble, quiet and reserved is getting shit done and fighting like a reincarnated Spartan warrior.
oh please. Up until the last 25 yrs or so society has almost always tolerated the public display of domestic violence.

If you're going to intervene you had better know the law otherwise you're going to end up in prison like the yahoos who killed Ahmed Aubrey or worse.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0