Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast.F10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I was a bit annoyed today at the sheer disregard and inattention drivers show when behind the wheel. A power outage took out four city blocks (…including the tri-phase traffic signals) and motorists candidly blew through pitch black intersections with flagrant disregard. After writing five traffic collisions from 11pm yesterday through 5pm today, I got fed up. Once darkness fell this evening I wrote 21800(d)(1) CVC violation citations for every driver I could catch…….to the tune of 15 in two hours before I shut it down to end my work week and go home. I don't write a lot of citations, but this phenomenon just irked me enough to put pen to paper.

#venting
Get um! How many different codes are there? You know them all by heart or reference other sources as well.
Way too many for any mortal to memorize. Lol! I would estimate that I have at least 150-200 CVC and penal code violations memorized and only need to reference those 2" thick books if it's something I haven't written. In my early days in law enforcement, I made flash cards of the most common vehicle and penal code violations and memorized them. Whenever I would write a citation for a violation or arrest for a crime I hadn't memorized, I would make a flash card and add it to the stack. Over the years that has resulted in a me being able to quickly access the information needed by memory. It especially comes in handy when I get challenged and I can rattle off the statute verbatim. It shuts people up.
Appreciate 0