11-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty81 View Post
I pick up my 540i next week and also been looking at tuning packages for it. Ive used DMS before on my 335i, they are one of the best around and really know their stuff, they are expensive however, but i managed to get a last min cancelation for like £600

The NMV option looks good too, £1400 for stage 2 and i think they quote 450-460bhp

DMS will get a decent figure but i always hear that their dyno figures are slightly inflated

im planning on Stage 2, but ill get a downpipe off ebay and get it fitted locally then get it remapped, should be cheaper that way, but im not sure who to get it mapped yet

NMV are quite far from me, like 2 hours where DMS is 1 hour

i think DMS charge over a grand though for a stage 1 remap which i think is over priced, im tempted to go with Evolve automotive or Wrench motors, they both do some of the fastest bmws around at the mo, if you watch any of the youtubers you will see their builds, they charge £600 for stage 1
The thing that I like about DMS is the 3 year aftercare package they offer. That in itself, in my opinion is worth paying a little extra for. They quote 450bhp from their tune.

The NVM package does also interest me especially being stage 2 and they quote the same power as the DMS tune.

I don't get how the DMS Stage 1 vs NVM Stage 2 offer the same bhp...?

Will the Stage 2 cause any issues when it comes to MOT etc?

I'm going to Evolve end of this month to have a set of MSS adjustable springs fitted on the car. While I'm there, I will ask them what they offer and let you know.

What colour/spec is the 540i bud? Congrats on the new purchase!
Looking forward to seeing pics and your mod list

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0