View Single Post
      10-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #19
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
I doubt this is available in the U.S. Again, I don't know why you would want it. What's the point fo auto-locking and auto-unlocking? If you don't want your doors locked, don't enable the locking feature. Would you want children to be able to hop out the moment you shut off the car, or as mentioned, a carjacker hop in? Somehow I've managed to summon the strength to press the little unlock button on the dash.
You are right. The auto-unlock feature is a "lazy feature". Sometimes, when I use my fob, I open the door before I remove the fob, and double pulling the door latch is instinct.

In my E46, the doors didn't auto unlock, and what I did was I took the key out of the "slot" (ignition) and used the key unlock button to unlock my door - or unlock all the doors if there were passengers - as I was getting out of the car (illiminating the need for the double pull or using the c-locking button)

It just became a habit, something I did again by instinct.

The only thing that gets to me (and I love my car) is that everyone on the forums is like eeehhe eeeehhh why doesn't my 37k car auto unlock, when the 36k lexus does - when the car actually DOES unlock, and it's a simple key setting which I am sure is on the US software ...most dealers just don't know/care about it.
Appreciate 0