View Single Post
      07-30-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
ArchieV
Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 540i xDrive

22 540i Upgrades

Finally got around to making some slight upgrades. Thought I would just start up another feed for all future updates as well.

Got the windows tinted all around (except windshield) in 20% XPEL Prime XR. Inside it's great in terms of night time visibility on poorly lit roads. No headache backing out of a dark driveway or things of the like. My only complaint is I thought it would be darker from the outside looking in. You can still see in fairly easily in day time but overall I am happy with it. It's a good balance of being just light enough that most cops probably wont ticket you. Given I am running no front plate the less the attention to me the better.

Replaced the chrome grill with a gloss black double slat kidney grill from Amazon. Fit was perfect and definitely gives it a nice touch. Only PIA was removing the old grill, 2 of the 6 bottom clips snapped on me. The top and side clips came off without any effort but I couldn't find the right angle to simply allow the bottom clips to release. Sadly eventually too much pressure got the better of me and snapped them but nothing a hot glue gun can't fix if need be.
Attached Images

Joe-BMW337450.50