05-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by days-like-this View Post
Hey all...

I'm going to be relocating from the U.S. to Toronto this winter. I'm psyched about living somewhere new.

My situation: I am ordering a 135i coupe, will be going to Germany for ED in June/July, then Re-Delivery of it at the Performance Center in South Carolina, then licensing it in my home state in the U.S. as I'll still be here a few months (and my timeline isn't exactly nailed down).

l then be driving it across the boarder (sometime this winter) and dealing with all the red tape for the modifications, per what I read on your customs website, etc.

My biggest worry right now isn't the modications to the car, but the weather.....:iono: ???

I currently live in a ski town, where people think I'm downright CRAZY for getting a RWD car. Even for Toronto (and for touring the rest of Canada for that matter) will dedicated snows be okay? When should I plan on getting these on? Am I nuts?

This will be my only vehicle and I LOVE roadtrips.....:roundel:

Any advice? Assurance? (ha ha).

I cannot WAIT to drive into YYZ.......WOOT!
That depends where you will be living in Metro Toronto, and where you will bve commuting to. Personally, I'd consider parking it from Christmas to March 1st just because of the salt on the roads during winter in Metro Toronto.

1983 E21 Delphin, M10, 5 speed, LSD, MSW wheels, recaro seats, Hartge strut brace, rear sway bar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0