View Single Post
      06-30-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
135ifanatik
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulb View Post
I regret that I kind of babied my 135i during the warranty with Dinan. I am totally now paying for it, as no matter what, your water pump, gaskets, etc will need to be replaced. I kind of wish I really drove it hard during the warranty.

@135ifanatik, what is your mileage, is your car in good condition and in warranty? Dinan is not necessary safer as any tune will increase the stress on your parts. If you took the money for the dinan and went jb4 and used the rest of your money to upgrade your stock parts (CP, FMIC, DP, Inlets) to be more efficient, that would go better in the long run. However if you are still in warranty then your shop might not service your car if you use aftermarket parts.

When I went MHD (70,000KM), I also upgraded my FMIC, DP and CP only to find out a couple of months later that it further stressed my gaskets on my OFH, OC and valve cover, which all need to be replaced. I noticed the small oil leaks during the time I had Dinan so I'm sure eventually I would have needed to replace them.

Good Luck
Hey!

My mileage is at 60,000 km. I have 6 years of warranty left (2 bmw cert and 4 warranty BMW sold me)
Appreciate 0