Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaym View Post
Hey thanks for the response.

It is N47 engine.

I got the codes read yesterday and then got them cleared and drove for a bit and the codes came back today.

3F40 is the code (as you mentioned) is showing along with many others.

I took the engine cover off to get a closer look at the part and then put it all together and the car transformed idles are stable and its pulling well. When changing gears at speed with clutch down the idles steady during changes. I think something is loose and got moved a bit when I was looking around the engine block.

I will try to attach from my laptop.
It looks like you have multiple problems going on.
The one that is currently active in your second picture (452A: Info - particulate-filter system) is most likely that your DPF is getting clogged because it hasn't been able to re-generate for a while. The reason for that is most likely that one of the other faults is preventing a regeneration cycle to start. You'll have to fix these problems soon, otherwise you'll spend a lot a money on a new DPF.
I'd go after the following codes first:
3F40: Rail pressure sensor, offset test: This might be a defective rail pressure sensor or as simple as a clogged fuel filter. When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

4873: Exhaust gas recirculation cooling, plausibility: Check the vacuum supply and changeover valve for the EGR cooler bypass flap. Try to move the flap by hand and see if it moves freely and returns to resting position by spring force.

The other faults "zero-quantity calibration" a secondary faults in my opinion. But they could be indications of CBU as well. Take off your intake manifold and see how bad the carbon buildup is.
Appreciate 0