View Single Post
      09-16-2023, 09:43 PM   #18
Carlman3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1, 2009 328i

You need to go to a Best Buy or camera store. Just pick up cameras and try to take a photo. Then consider what you want to control.. or how you want the subject to look. Then 1 or 2 models will rise to the top.

All of the controls and icons are proprietary. So you have to choose what's easiest for you to learn. (and explain or setup for your wife).
I just went through this. I switched from a semi professional level of Nikon and lots of associated gear to an enthusiast level Canon (R8) with 2 lenses and a flash. My kit fits in 1 bag and can do everything I do.. portraits, wildlife, street and family/kid stuff. I can't do any 1 thing extremely well, though. I'm waiting to see what lenses I really need. They cost 1 to several thousands for the L version.. Nikon, Sony, etc all have a high end line.

I've owned a Hasselblad, back in the film days. Its nice gear. Leica I've used is very nice too. It really lets people know you're serious (or rich, or showy). It's the Rolex or Tag of photography. Nothing bad but know what you're paying for.
Appreciate 0