View Single Post
      03-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #12
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Unfortunately, the GT4 had to go. My wife and I are moving out of the city and buying our first home after years of renting. We have been moving city to city and are finally settling down soon.

So, financially and emotionally it is a no-brainer for me to get the M2. Pretty much an instant decision after hearing the new Caymans will go turbo 4 and will still cost a lot more than the M2 (the 718 S will, and that's closest in performance to the current GT4). The M2 is half the price of the GT4, yet will still be such an enjoyable car, albeit different driving experience. It really is such a good value proposition for enthusiasts.

My only regret was not tracking the GT4 this spring/summer as I had planned to. But I had the car for half a year and thoroughly enjoyed it even through break-in. I babied it (xpel, paint correction, etc), but still took long trips in it, and drove it hard..

All the hype was warranted on the GT4, but I have always had BMWs, so I know the M2 is going to be a fun car in its own right. I am also considering the M3 with Comp Pkg if I go 4 door. Either way, I am excited for either M car.

As for the M2, due to its great pricing, it's going to leave me with some extra money to put some fun mods on it.
Sorry to hear you had to sell your GT4. It was on my very "short" list of cars, but due to only 2 seats available, I had to scratch it out.

Looking forward to your M2 review compared to the GT4!
Appreciate 0