View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
Warp Ten
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540xi

I personally don't like the look of the bumper plugs, although they are a simple and inexpensive solution to the problem. To bad they don't make them to duplicate the look of the parking sensors, although you seem to have six holes to fill not just two. If it were me I would certainly check in with a friendly body shop. I am not certain about how the bumpers are originally painted, but if it is a two stage base/clear process, I would bet that for a fairly reasonable price they could fill the holes, carefully spot in some matching white base (BMW #300 Alpine White, available from your dealer) and clear the entire bumper without removing it by masking while it is on the car. I had this done on the back panel of my Corvette Z06. In my case they had to removed the back panel and replace the Corvette Logo for a cost of around $900, so if the bumper can be painted without removal it should be much less. If I were asking them, I would see if they would just clear the front panel with the holes by masking at the bumper creases and feathering the clear edge with 3000 grit wet sanding; maybe they could simply eliminate the clear altogether. And I think that if you were handy and so inclined you could do a reasonable job yourself by drilling the holes to smooth the edges, filling with body filler and painting carefully with BMW touch up paint. Finish with a little fine wet sanding if needed. The holes are not in a such a position that people would notice the slight imperfection of a hand done job. Certainly it would be a low cost first step; that is what I would probably try first. You could always have it done professionally if you were not satisfied with the end result of your work. Good luck--Bob

Last edited by Warp Ten; 08-03-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50