LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

My thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by protamine View Post
Color:
Matter of personal preference - I've loved carbon black since the E39 days, but I think lighter colors really work well on the car.
CB is a great color. I have some kind of metallic black on current car, also looks great. A coworker has the Alpine white G30, and me personally, with the black grill and other black trim stuff, thinks it looks bad.
Quote:
Wheels/Tires:
I try to stay away from low profile tires for ride quality and cost of replacement and fragility. First thing I do on all of these cars is ditch the runflats and put on proper tires.

Quote:
Interior:
Want upgraded leather. I want the executive seating and a leather dash so the real decision is if I want black or not.... but I occasionally will have my kids there.
I love the lighter colors, especially the white/off white thing, which I have now. Kids are not a problem - just wipe up any spills, and try to reduce the amount of eating and non-water beverages that could stain.
Quote:
Really just want HUD and wireless charging.
My silly phone (Note 9) won't fit in the cradle, so that feature is useless for me. HUD is great. I don't care for the dynamic handling and stuff like that, as I don't care for electronic interventions beyond ABS.

Ceramic controls are nice but not worth the money, really.

No interior pics, sorry, but I can take some if no one else steps-up.

Also, as others noted, there is a lot more in an ///M car than just the engine. The 550 ain't 95% of an M5. Not by any means. That said, I'm not sure the price difference is worth it if you're not going to track it. The capabilities are just so high, it's a waste for driving on road.

In fact, I feel that way about the V8 as well. It's a big premium for a performance improvement that you will rarely use. The I6 is actually a bit more responsive in "normal" driving. I say this coming from an F01 750i which is not the same animal, but not too different. I don't miss the extra 100 or so horsepower, and I appreciate the $12K (or whatever it is) that I saved. You also get hammered pretty hard in resale on the V8.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0