View Single Post
      08-17-2020, 08:09 PM   #2
Acetech
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3. 98 M3. 11 1M

For me it's a must have option on this car, if I am unable to spec the allocation my dealer gets and it comes with steel I'm out.
Why?
Brake feel, ceramic's are shockingly powerful during regular driving, we are talking big toe dose all your braking.
Steelie guy don't get your panties in a knot, your brakes are great but not as great and weigh 55 lbs more.
I'm not worried about tracking, CCBs will tolerate moderate tracking and I have a dedicated track car so if I get a CS I doubt I'll ever track it.

Weight, 55 lbs, both unsprung and rotational with the majority on the front axle, it hard to get weight off the front axle. I'm betting that will be noticeable.

Low dust, what BMW owner doesn't get frustrated by OEM brake pad dust, I know I know do you want a car that stops well or can you tolerate a hell storm or tenacious dust. Better solution go CCB.

Lastly it's a unique performance option on the CS that makes it special and lighter, it completes the package, just through in a anti gravity battery and you have significantly lighter M2
Appreciate 5
jhall19571095.50
gsrbri559.50
devo755.00
F80_Katz764.00