07-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #21
Nate.G82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
I look towards the Taycan time to time. Driven it, used it for about a week. I do most my test drives on the highways and then the North Georgia Mountains to get a feel for how it dailies and its driving dynamics. Fun car, practical in size but the range... well I mean the range is about as much as you'd get from the G8x but I suppose it matters more for EVs due to lack of infrastructure. I generally see no negatives in the vehicle besides the the lack of charging stations which is not the car's fault. In the wake of all EV's in the near future, this car is a good start. However for the time being, I'm a simple guy... I need sound !

The m4 has been a very competent roading partner, and I'm glad I picked it above the other options I had on my list (AMG GT, Taycan, Cayman, Alfa QF, C63s, M8). It's just the right amount of car for me. Sure the other vehicles excel at certain things better than the G8x, but overall the G8x did everything I wanted it to do well: tech, dynamics, sound, looks, practicality, and fun.

Depending on the trim, Taycan will be a bullet train while being very weighty around corners. It has sleek designs and a better interior. It's just not as fun to me compared to the G8x. So in essence, different strokes for different folks. We are all not the same, outside of enjoying cars!

P.S. I am keeping my eyes out for the Electric Cayman.
Appreciate 1