General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Sounds like it really builds on what the previous one offers, with much better electric range, and a tad more performance too.

I'm now really looking forward to getting mine.
Will be interesting to see how much better this model is with your established driving profile(s).

Must say a 330e (touring) with the improved electric range, is very tempting for my typical driving. Only running one car, if ~30 miles is a real world figure, it could do most of our local trips from home charging, with the obvious flexibility for the longer trips.

It's a serious proposition for my next car, for the EV technology and still having a decent drive. For me, there is a degree of novelty and testing the usability of PHEV to it. Not sure there is any money savings for the private buyer. Keep coming back to a 330i could still be the simpler, lighter and cheaper car to run.

I'll be watching the feedback on this model closely.
I can't see how a 330i could be cheaper to run over a 5 year period from new. Perhaps beyond that when increased warranty costs for the hybrid could change the calculations, but not before.

As well as low fuel costs the other amazing thing about the 330e we have is that the rear tyres lasted almost 50k miles and the fronts almost 70k miles. We are now at 80k and brakes pads are still not even half worn, and still on original discs.

I'm guessing regen braking is helping the brakes last a lot better than a standard car, but no idea why the tyres are lasting so well.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0