View Single Post
      08-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #20
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
I think you're likely to be the first on the forum to get one, I for one will be awaiting your "real world" fuel economy and electric range report + whether you think the magazine reports are accurate :-)

My office commute is 45 miles each way (75% motorway (with a few traffic jam spots), rest A-roads with very small amount of 30mph) + I can charge at work so I'm hopeful I might get 90MPG+

My current 200 mile (each way) drive to a project in Manchester I'm not so hopeful on! ;-)
Will be interested to see what you achieve.

We have a good idea on how ICE efficiency is influenced by speed, not much you can do to improve motorway mpg, except slowing down. For me, I need to study how efficient the electric motor is, compared to the ICE, in the urban environment.

I've a feeling my typical local driving profile, (25 - 30 miles) light rural and light urban, could be very efficient, simply by how good the consumption is, in my 535i. Also knowing what changes to the typical driving cycle, knock it back. The inefficiencies favour the EV, less wasted energy.
Appreciate 0