United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M Gran Coupe

Garage List
2009 335xi  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
If we are being logical, it makes sense. How many people today still wish they had a horse and buggy? Some day very few will wish they had a manual V8 with four wheels because it's either, slow, unsafe, expensive to run or maintain or all of the above... Times are changing.

We all whine about thinks like sound but the performance and mileage continues to improve with electric. Plenty of NA M owners have jumped ship to Turbo M cars and don't care about the sound. If something truly is fun to drive then I will drive it. But let's face it, one day we won't be driving cars ourselves anymore and I think at that point very few will care what is under the hood let alone what sound it makes. It will be all about getting from A to B safely and efficiently. It reminds me of Will Smith in iRobot when he takes over his car manually and catches hell for it. Overriding autopilot may be something that an insurance company uses to void a claim. But now I'm on a tangent with autopilot instead of electric but they both are the future. I'm confident M will lubricate the transition as we go NA => Turbo => Hybrid => Electric

I'm excited and optimistic. But of course, I will always covet the E92 M3 and E60 M5
100% agree. People here sound like luddites. Technological progress won't stop for you, either get with it or you will be left behind.
And if you are so in love with a v8 M3. Guess what buy a e92 M3 now and keep it forever.

My plan is to get an M2 or a slightly used e92 M3 and keep it forever as it will be one of the last great drivers cars. And it will sit quite well next to the 2030 Tesla Model 3 that might be in my garage.
Appreciate 3